Every year millions of young girls are married off before the age of eighteen in many parts of the developing world. This cruel practice has devastating effects on the girls themselves and on future generations. Do your research and write an essay discussing the causes, effects and solutions to the problem. This will end up being a longish writing task but brilliant practice. If you want to shorten the task, consider the causes or the effects or the solutions.
1. “Girls not Brides” http://www.girlsnotbrides.org/ ; click on “Where it Happens”, then click “What is the impact”
2. Millions of Young Girls Forced into Marriage; http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/13/130313-child-brides-marriage-women-sinclair-photography/#
3. “Child Marriage” http://www.icrw.org/what-we-do/adolescents/child-marriage
4. “Photo Essay: Child Brides” http://www.viiphoto.com/showstory.php?nID=712
5. Child bride, 13, dies of internal injuries four days after arranged marriage in Yemen
1. “Too Young to Wed: The Secret World of Child Brides” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYleXcpbzKY
2. “Child Brides, A Cruel Custom” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S86ht1LMqTQ