Recent research into the possible link between contact sports such as football, boxing, rugby and the like and dementia is coming up with some interesting results. Considering how popular especially football is with young people and children, it is important to verify this link. Do your research and write an essay on the topic.
Familiarize yourself with the issue:
· Traumatic brain injury https://www.alz.org/dementia/traumatic-brain-injury-head-trauma-symptoms.asp
Reading material to make notes on
· Contact sport, head injury and dementia risk https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/info/20052/research_strategy/1188/contact_sports_head_injury_and_dementia_risk Make sure to click on each section to get a full picture.
· Sport urged to confront head injuries that can lead to dementia
Videos to watch and take notes from
· Traumatic Brain Injuries: Effects of damage to different lobes of the brain
· The Future of Contact Sports: Sports-related Head Injuries and Their Effect on Memory
· Brain concussion - Shake it and you break it | Steven Laureys | TEDxLiège