Ignorance and fear can have some terrible consequences as evidenced by this infamous event in American history. If you don’t know about this period of history it might be wise to find out so as to be able to learn from it. Do your research and write your essay.
The purpose of the task:
· To provide practice with past tenses and narrative structures
· To provide the opportunity to improve command of the language and competency
· To provide an introduction to research based writing and all the skills it requires: note taking, annotating, paraphrasing and summarizing
· To provide brief insight into an important historical event
Familiarize yourself with the topic:
· “Copy of Salem witch trials” http://prezi.com/ahuxaehetxjn/copy-of-salem-witch-trials/
Reading material to annotate:
· “A brief history of the Salem witch trials” http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/a-brief-history-of-the-salem-witch-trials-175162489/?all
· “The Salem witch trials” http://historyofmassachusetts.org/the-salem-witch-trials/
· “Salem witch trials” http://www.history.com/topics/salem-witch-trials There are plenty of videos on this site as well that you should watch.
For more information:
· “The Salem witchcraft trials – 1692” http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/salem.htm
Documentary to watch:
· “Salem witch trials” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU8DMgUeQWg