Social anxiety or social phobia, a now much more widely recognized issue is said to be one of the most common mental health issues worldwide and can be truly debilitating for the sufferers. Impacting every aspect of their lives, social anxiety disorder seriously restricts interaction with the social environment, which in turn leads to misery and loneliness. What is social anxiety disorder and do you suffer from it? What are the causes and how can it be treated? Do your research and find out; then write your essay.
Refer to my second blog, The Essay Archive, for sample essays: https://theessayarchive.blogspot.com.tr/
Familiarize yourself with the issue:
· “Social anxiety” https://prezi.com/xgdvgass9wxx/social-anxiety/
Take the test:
· “Social anxiety test” http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=3272
· “Test for social anxiety disorder” https://socialanxietyinstitute.org/test-social-anxiety-disorder-find-out-if-you-suffer-social-phobia
Reading material to make notes on: causes, effects, solutions
· “Social anxiety disorder” http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/mental-health-social-anxiety-disorder
· Social anxiety disorder” http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/social-anxiety-disorder/basics/definition/con-20032524 Keep clicking the arrow at the end of each section to continue.
Reading material to make notes on: case studies:
· “Case study social anxiety disorder” http://at-ease.dva.gov.au/veterans/resources/case-studies/case-study-social-anxiety-disorder/
· “Case studies: social phobia” http://www.psydoctor.com/2008/08/case-studies-social-phobia.html
Documentary to watch and make notes on:
· “Social anxiety disorder: case studies and treatment” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWTGoXWGyrk