Eugenics is defined on the website dictionary.com as the study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population, especially by such means as discouraging reproduction by persons having genetic defects or presumed to have inheritable undesirable traits (negative eugenics) or encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits (positive eugenics) . Modern day applications also include trying to get rid of various heritable conditions; some of them deadly or seriously debilitating illnesses. Do your research and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of eugenics of eugenics.
Refer to my second blog, The Essay Archive, for sample essays: https://theessayarchive.blogspot.com.tr/
Familiarize yourself with the issue:
· “Eugenics biology group presentation” https://prezi.com/ftgvvlerr_3_/eugenics-biology-group-presentation/
Reading material to make notes on:
· “History of eugenics” http://knowgenetics.org/history-of-eugenics/ Make sure to click the link at the bottom of the page for more about eugenics in the modern world and a case study.
· “Positive and negative genetic interventions” http://www.nyu.edu/gsas/dept/philo/courses/bioethics/Papers/GeneBook/CH4.html
Videos to watch and make notes on:
· “Scientific racism, the eugenics of social Darwinism” BBC Documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FmEjDaWqA4
· “Eugenics movement in America: victims coming forward” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nshj9rCTPdE