Attending a good college or university is every student’s dream but do all these students benefit fully from the experience once they get there? Is there more they can do to reap the rewards of all the effort they made to get accepted? After all, college isn’t just about walking in and out of class and doing homework; there is much more to it than that.
This activity was inspired by some of the material Associate Prof. Deniz Albayrak Kaymak contributed; we owe her thanks.
Power point presentation:
· “A study of positive and negative learning experiences” http://prezi.com/sf6_maoosim7/a-study-of-positive-and-negative-learning-experiences/ (Remember to click full transcript for more details)
· “Stress and college” http://prezi.com/fviiwacjtk1p/stress-and-college/
· “Discovering self motivation” http://prezi.com/blxkdn1wgjeq/discovering-self-motivation/
Reading material to annotate:
· “What makes a positive college experience?” http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/education/edlife/what-makes-a-positive-college-experience.html?smid=tw-nytimes&_r=1&referrer=
· “Developing a positive mind set: changing your attitude to change your life” http://prezi.com/blxkdn1wgjeq/discovering-self-motivation/
· “How to make the most of your college experience”
· “The college experience” http://collegexperience.net/grades/the-college-experience/ Click on “How to make the most of your college experience” at the bottom of the page for a related text.
Documentary to watch:
· “The college conspiracy: full documentary” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAV17Li1pkM
Refer to my second blog, The Essay Archive, for sample essays: https://theessayarchive.blogspot.com.tr/