Departmentation, or the grouping of activities or processes together for better administration, is becoming unavoidable in large enterprises. The units thus formed are called divisions, units or departments. Although the system gives the initial impression of being very functional, it is not, in fact, a bed of roses and there are many disadvantages as well. Do your research and write an advantages and disadvantages essay on departmentation or departmentalization.
· “What are the advantages and disadvantages of departmentalization?” http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_advantages_and_the_disadvantages_of_departmentalization?#slide=4
· “Departmentation” http://www.slideshare.net/sbajwa9009/departmentation
· “Departmentation” http://www.slideshare.net/thariqbig/departmentation-29681187
Reading material to annotate
- “Functional departmentation” http://www.allsubjects4you.com/Management-departmenation.htm
- “Advantages and disadvantages of departmentation” http://tr.scribd.com/doc/30039331/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-departmentation Make sure to download the texts and read them.
· “Disadvantages of departmentalization in the workplace” http://www.ehow.com/info_12137362_disadvantages-departmentalization-workplace.html
· “Disadvantages of departmentalization in the workplace” http://work.chron.com/disadvantages-departmentalization-workplace-11083.html
· “Disadvantages of departmentalization in the workplace” http://woman.thenest.com/disadvantages-departmentalization-workplace-9464.html