Electoral fraud or electoral corruption has plagued both fledgling democracies and established ones worldwide. What does electoral fraud involve? How can it be prevented? Do your research and write an essay where you set out the problems and discuss solutions.
- “Protecting the people’s vote” http://pcij.org/blog/wp-docs/sadain_elections.pdf
Reading material to annotate:
· “Electoral Fraud” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_fraud
· “Electoral Corruption” http://www.idcr.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/05_11.pdf
· “Shaping democratic practice and the causes of electoral fraud” http://files.wcfia.harvard.edu/ziblatt_shaping.pdf
· “Easy things you can do to prevent voter fraud” http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/04/28/easy_things_you_can_do_to_prevent_voter_fraud
· “Preventing vote fraud pamphlet” http://www.elections.il.gov/downloads/electioninformation/pdf/votefraud.pdf
· “Politics and government” http://www.transparency.org/topic/detail/politics_and_government
Videos and documentaries
I had difficulty finding general videos for you to watch; there are, however, plenty of specific examples of electoral fraud in specific countries from which you can draw conclusions. I therefore leave the choice to you.