Everyone experiences occasions when their stomach ties itself into knots or they think others can hear their heart thumping away but for some people – and quite a lot of people I may add – it is a frequent occurrence and interferes with daily life. Before you research the issue, take the test to see if you have an issue too.
Reading material to annotate:
· “Three core anxieties and how to calm them” http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/science-and-sensibility/201312/three-core-anxieties-and-how-calm-them
· “Three ways to stop anxiety from coming back” http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/science-and-sensibility/201402/three-ways-stop-anxiety-coming-back
· “What is anxiety?” http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/anxiety/ You will find three more links on this page: what causes anxiety, the symptoms of anxiety and treatments for anxiety. Read them all.
Podcasts to listen to and make notes on
· “Moodzone: anxiety control training” http://www.nhs.uk/video/pages/anxiety-control-training-podcast.aspx?searchtype=Tag&searchterm=Mental+health__Moodzone&
Videos to watch and make notes on
· “Why do I feel anxious and panicky?”http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/Pages/understanding-panic.aspx
· Anxiety: hibernate, adapt or migrate: Summer Beretsky at Ted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8FNcOBkhN4
· “How your brain can turn anxiety to calmness” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYJdekjiAog
· “Social anxiety documentary: afraid of people” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmEJEfy5f50