This brilliant task was prepared in its entirety by Özlem Gündoğdu, a remedial student at this university in the fall of 2013. I would like to take this opportunity to thank her for her contribution.
Nuclear disarmament or at least nuclear non-proliferation has been a dream that none of us really want to give up on. In a world where technology is developing at a break-neck pace, it is once more necessary to evaluate the evidence and see if we can put a stop to nuclear proliferation and achieve disarmament. Do your research and write an argumentative essay.
Reading material to annotate
1. “The future of nuclear disarmament – Going to zero: Feasible? Practical? http://www.rolfmuetzenich.de/_pdf/ArmsControl_Washington.pdf
2. “A world without nuclear weapons – feasible and desirable” http://www.worldsecuritynetwork.com/Other/dieter-farwick-1/A-World-Without-Nuclear-Weapons-Feasible-and-Desirable
3. “Is a world without nuclear weapons really possible?” http://www.brookings.edu/research/opinions/2010/05/04-global-zero-ohanlon
4. “Q&A Nuclear disarmament” http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6103398.stm
Videos to watch and make notes on:
1. “Which countries have nuclear weapons?” http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-24277021
2. “Embrace! A world free of nuclear weapons” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHFAT-A9qjE
3. “Testimonies of Hiroshima and Nagasaki” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwdx7HjV6is