The world of sports has been rocked by scandal after scandal as many famous and respected athletes tested positive for banned substances. As the industry catering to enhancing the performance of athletes grows so does our knowledge of the damage this stuff does. Why, in that case, does the problem persist? Do your research and write the essay
Reading material to annotate
- “A Brief History of Anti doping” http://www.wada-ama.org/en/about-wada/history/ This text will provide you with information you can use in the introduction.
2. “Doping and Sports” http://www.cnrs.fr/cw/en/pres/compress/dopage/dopage2.html
3. “What Are the Dangers of Using Performance Enhancing Drugs?”
4. “Doping in Sports and Its Spread to at Risk Populations: An International Review” http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2219897/
5. Chapters 3 and 4 in http://ec.europa.eu/sport/library/doc/c2/doc364_en.pdf These chapters provide detailed information concerning the causes; it is the best source I could find.
Videos to watch and make notes on
1. “Doping to Win” http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3790603.htm There is a transcript of the conversation available if you click transcript