Pre Intermediate Language Leader / Unit 1
This activity has been designed to accompany the first unit of Pre intermediate Language Leader but can be done on its own as well. Do the research and make notes, group similar information together and put it one paragraph then write.
Hint: some of the material is all about human beings; some is about efficiency in terms of the city. You can’t put all this information together in one paragraph.
· “Are humans meant to live in cold climates?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7ebGRT30E
· “How weather effects your mood” http://www.everwell.com/wellness/wellness_weather/weather_moods.php
· “Five reasons why warm weather is good for your health” http://inspiyr.com/warm-weather-is-healthier/
· “Cold weather- is it good or bad for your health?” http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/cold-weather-is-it-good-or-bad-for-your-health
· “Cold cities use more energy than warm cities” http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/03/28/cold-cities-use-more-energy-than-warm-cities/
· “Cold temperature and life span: it is not about the rate of living” http://joshmitteldorf.scienceblog.com/2013/02/25/cold-temperature-and-life-span-its-not-about-the-rate-of-living/