Favoritism, cronyism and nepotism are deplored in politics and business but are very widespread nevertheless. They all involve supporting, promoting or favoring of certain people over others for reasons other than competence or suitability. Do your research and write an essay where you explain exactly what these practices involve and how to prevent them.
We owe the idea for this task to Füsun Savcı.
Familiarize yourself with the issue
· “Nepotism presentation” https://prezi.com/wiy11uubdd2y/nepotism-presentation/
· “Nepotism and ethics” https://prezi.com/ld1jd02sy_7x/nepotism-and-ethics/
Reading material to annotate
· “Favoritism, cronyism and nepotism” http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing/focusareas/government_ethics/introduction/cronyism.html
· “What is nepotism? Can you sue for it? http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2013/04/what-is-nepotism-can-you-sue-for-it.html
· “Is nepotism so bad? http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/19/ceo-executive-hiring-ceonewtork-leadership-nepotism.html
· “Favoritism and nepotism and how to deal with it” http://blog.eskill.com/favoritism-nepotism-workplace/
Videos to watch and make notes on
· “Discrimination in the work place” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niyGPfwnnjM
· “The danger of nepotism” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5MULY2EOw
· “Nepotism” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-CvbRydKM
· “How to avoid favoritism?” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGwOS7FtZ8