Pre intermediate Language Leader / Unit 11
This research related writing activity has been designed to accompany unit 11 in the Pre intermediate Language Leader but it can be done in isolation as well. Do your research, make notes and write an essay about climate change.
Familiarize yourself with the issue:
- “ Copy of climate change” https://prezi.com/lrfc6qf-g4ro/copy-of-climate-change/
- “Climate change” https://prezi.com/cle2ecmzffdu/climate-change/
· “Climate change” http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/
This is a wonderful website which will tell you all you need to know about the subject. Go to the bottom of the page and click “Basic information and Student’s site” to read and make notes.
· “Climate change challenge” http://www.climatechangechallenge.org/Resource%20Centre/Climate-Change/3-what_causes_climate_change.htm
This is another wonderful website which will tell you a lot about the problem. Click the subtitles to the left of the screen to read.
· “Climate change – The scientific debate” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52KLGqDSAjo
There are a few vocabulary items you will to know so stop the video to check key words. This being said, you should understand the gist of the video by guessing some words and being prepared to ignore some. This is a very important skill. If you are able to do it, your English will improve fast.
· “Climate change” https://prezi.com/cle2ecmzffdu/climate-change/