Mind wandering is often equated with being distracted but nothing can be further from the truth. The latter has a lot of negative connotations and so, according to many, does the former. As a result, mind wandering has been given a bad rap but is this fair? Do your research and determine what the differences between distractions and mind wandering are and then pinpoint the advantages and disadvantages. Finally write your essay.
Refer to my second blog, The Essay Archive, for sample essays: https://theessayarchive.blogspot.com.tr/
Familiarize yourself with the issue:
· Do you have a wandering mind? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epDQmomWktU
· The reasons why we are all so distracted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thFgUeSzZBE
Reading material to make notes on:
· So what is distraction again? https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/rest/201602/so-what-is-distraction-again?collection=1096974
· Is mind wandering a good or a bad thing? https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201504/is-mind-wandering-good-or-bad-thing
· Letting your mind wander https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/media-spotlight/201304/letting-your-mind-wander
· 5 Great reasons to zone out 3 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/17/reasons-to-zone-out_n_5592361.html
Videos to watch and take notes from:
· Mind wandering https://vimeo.com/17568783
· What is mind wandering https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDv9ejXqag
· Michael Corballis 'The wandering mind - giving the mind free rein'