The trail of tears is the name given to one of the darkest chapters of US history. Do your research and find out what it refers to then tell the story.
Familiarize yourself with the issue:
· Trail of tears https://quizlet.com/18584118/trail-of-tears-flash-cards/
Reading material to make notes on:
· Trail of tears http://www.history.com/topics/native-american-history/trail-of-tears
· Indian treaties and the Indian removal act of 1830 https://history.state.gov/milestones/1830-1860/indian-treaties
Videos to watch and take notes from:
You will need to subscribe to this site but it is well worth it. I cannot stress enough what a good site it is and how useful it will be.
· The Cherokee & the Trail of Tears: History, Timeline & Summary http://study.com/academy/lesson/the-cherokee-the-trail-of-tears-history-timeline-summary.html
· What was the trail of tears http://study.com/academy/lesson/what-was-the-trail-of-tears-facts-history-route.html
Documentaries to watch and take notes from:
· Trail of tears: they knew it was wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qalhDKLrWEQ
· We shall remain – Trail of Tears https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8o0heHXQF8
· Trail of tears national historic trail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LSkfmCj8Jg