Justice is delivered in courts in all democracies but whereas in some countries the verdict is delivered by a judge at the culmination of a trial, in others a jury does so and the judge then releases or sentences the defendant. The USA and Great Britain have a long tradition of trial by jury but is this the best way to deliver justice? Do your research and determine where you stand; then write an essay in which you defend your point of view.
Familiarize yourself with the issue:
· The jury system https://prezi.com/snmfpc88wf6f/jury-system/
Now watch and take notes:
· Trial by jury: what’s the big deal? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrNw62hsNpM
Reading material to make notes on:
· The pros and cons of the jury system http://www.visionlaunch.com/pros-and-cons-of-jury-system/ Make sure to watch the videos as well.
· The jury system in Canada http://thecanadianjurysystem.weebly.com/pros--cons.html
Make sure to read the case studies as well
· Pros and cons of the jury system http://apecsec.org/pros-and-cons-of-the-jury-system/
Make sure to watch the videos as well
· Jury versus judge trial http://www.lawstudentatlast.com/jury-vs-judge-trial/
Videos to watch and take notes from:
· How juries are fooled by statistics https://www.ted.com/talks/peter_donnelly_shows_how_stats_fool_juries
· A bench trial versus a jury trial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CokYBHBdlHA
· The defects of jury trials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8WzuDuXs80