Standardized tests are widely implemented in the world and much has been said and written about them, mostly negative. Most people have direct firsthand experience of these tests and know the pros and cons very well. Do your research to refresh your memories and write an essay arguing for or against standardized tests.
Introduction: familiarize yourself with the issue
· “Standardized tests” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9deAv282eY
· “Standardized testing is not teaching” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPs46yOcwP0
Podcast: Listen carefully and make a note of the general points.
Reading material to make notes on:
· “Problems with standardized testing” http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_Test_Problems_Seven/
· “Why standardized tests don’t measure educational quality” http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership/mar99/vol56/num06/Why-Standardized-Tests-Don%27t-Measure-Educational-Quality.aspx
Videos to watch and make notes on:
· “Standardized testing: the problem with America’s education system” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqrtN-w3RA
· “None of the above – why standardized testing fails” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otlmKZeNi-U
· “What standardized tests don’t measure” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woVtj8GH678“Do standardized tests matter?” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv_Cr1a6rj4