In the modern world we do everything online: we shop, we work, we play, we do business and much more besides so online voting seems to be a logical step yet is it? Do your research and decide whether we should take this step or not.
Introducing the issue:
- Electronic voting: I want to understand the issue” http://www.jasonkitcat.com/writings/e-voting/electronic-voting-i-want-to-learn/
Reading material to make notes on:
- “Election 2015: how feasible would it be to introduce online voting? http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32421086?ns_mchannel=email&ns_source=inxmail_newsletter&ns_campaign=bbcnewsmagazine_news__&ns_linkname=na&ns_fee=0
· “Electronic voting” http://cs.stanford.edu/people/eroberts/cs201/projects/2006-07/electronic-voting/index.html Click “arguments in favor, arguments against and case studies” from the ribbon on the left of the screen to get the full picture.
· “It’s the 21st century! Why aren’t we voting online yet?” http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/its-the-21st-century-why-arent-we-voting-online/
Videos to watch and make notes on:
· “E-voting without fraud” http://www.ted.com/talks/david_bismark_e_voting_without_fraud
· “ Prof. J. Alex Halderman tells us why internet voting is a bad idea”http://it.slashdot.org/story/12/03/10/2351259/prof-j-alex-halderman-tells-us-why-internet-based-voting-is-a-bad-idea-video
Live panel: online voting rewards and risks