Successful learning cannot take place if the teacher and the students are at logger heads. It is essential that the members of the team – the students and their teacher – get on well, like, understand and respect each other to ensure high achievement. So how can one develop positive teacher student relationships? Do your research and write an essay on the topic.
Start with the PowerPoint presentation and then cover two of the texts and two of the videos. Do the rest of your research the following day to guarantee that what is learnt has staying power.
Familiarize yourself with the issue: PowerPoint presentation:
· “Positive relationships foster my learning” http://prezi.com/kyulc8tirjd-/positive-relationships-foster-my-learning/
Reading material to annotate:
· “Tips for developing positive teacher student relationships” http://teaching.about.com/od/Information-For-Teachers/a/Tips-For-Developing-Positive-Teacher-Student-Relationships.htm
· “Essential qualities of a good teacher” http://teaching.about.com/od/Information-For-Teachers/a/Twenty-five-Essential-Qualities-Of-A-Good-Teacher.htm
· “Making classroom discipline decisions for teachers” http://teaching.about.com/od/classroommanagement/a/Classroom-Discipline-Decisions.htm
· “Qualities of an effective teacher” http://teaching.about.com/od/pd/a/Qualities-Of-An-Effective-Teacher.htm
Videos to watch and make notes on:
· “Student teacher relationships as motivators v1” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YyPd_KAdQY
· “Message to a teacher – care and compassion determine student outcomes” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERHEEujpIs
· “Principal Kafele says ‘you can’t teach them if you don’t know them” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTCrhnGiWXI