The belief in witches and witchcraft dates back to prehistoric times and was widespread all over the world from South and Central America to Europe, Africa and Asia. How have views concerning witches and witchcraft changed over the years and why? Do your research and write a narrative in which you explain. While doing so, explain, analyze and try to analyze causes and effects.
This reading into writing activity was designed in collaboration with Gökçen Çiftlik to whom we owe thanks.
Familiarize yourself with the issue:
· “What was witchcraft in the middle ages?” http://prezi.com/5abbregjnadt/what-was-witchcraft-in-the-medieval-times/
· “Origins of witchcraft” http://prezi.com/vj8yiygjstpm/origins-of-witchcraft/
· “Hammer of witches” http://natgeotv.com/uk/witch-hunters-bible/videos/hammer-of-witches
· “Witch hunters Bible” http://natgeotv.com/uk/witch-hunters-bible/videos/witch-hunters-manual
Reading material to annotate:
- “Origin of witchcraft” http://www.witchcraft.com.au/origin-of-witchcraft.html
- “History of witchcraft – ancient period” http://www.witchcraftandwitches.com/history_ancient.html
· “Witches and witchcraft in the Middle Ages” http://www.thefinertimes.com/Middle-Ages/witches-and-witchcraft-in-the-middle-ages.html
· “Witches, women and witchcraft” http://atheism.about.com/od/christianityviolence/a/witches.htm
· “Medieval witchcraft” http://www.medieval-life-and-times.info/medieval-life/medieval-witchcraft.htm
Documentaries to watch and make notes on:
· “Witches-Incredible History Documentary” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG4EH3FQjnI
Videos to make notes on:“Witch burning in the Middle Ages” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfSn_wW9H6U