China is suffering the devastating consequences of the long standing one child policy. Although the policy has now been amended, the gender imbalance it has given rise to will continue for a generation at least. One deeply disturbing consequence of the gender imbalance has been the trafficking of Vietnamese girls as brides. Do your research and write about the extent of the problem.
Familiarize yourself with the issue
· Young Vietnamese girls being trafficked to China as brides https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u36pNfZXS4
· Vietnamese girls sold as child brides in China http://www.nk-focus.com/politics/25323
Reading material and videos to make notes on
· Vietnamese girls smuggled into China and sold as child brides http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/17/asia/vietnamese-girls-child-brides-china/index.html
· China smuggles in Vietnamese child brides to bridge gender imbalance http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/04/29/china-smuggles-vietnamese-child-brides-bridge-gender-imbalance/
· Vietnam: the burden of being a child http://www.girlsnotbrides.org/girls-voices/the-burden-of-being-a-child-bride-in-vietnam/