You have watched the Oscar winning film “Gladiator” and are familiar with the famous Asterix comics where you got to know the gladiators but what is there real story? Do your research and separate fact from fiction in an essay where you tell their story.
· “The Roman gladiators” https://prezi.com/r0a5idkrct1z/the-roman-gladiators/
· “The Roman gladiators” https://prezi.com/lructpjiz0tw/the-roman-gladiators/
Familiarize yourself with the issue:
· “Facts about gladiators” http://www.tribunesandtriumphs.org/gladiators/facts-about-gladiators.htm
Reading material to annotate:
· “10 Things you may not know about Roman gladiators” http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-roman-gladiators
· “The Roman Gladiator” http://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout/encyclopaedia_romana/gladiators/gladiators.html This is a more challenging text.
· “Roman Gladiators” http://www.historyforkids.org/learn/romans/games/circus.htm This is pre intermediate level
· “Roman gladiators” http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/romeslavery/p/Gladiators.htm This pre intermediate in level
Videos to watch and make notes on:
· “Coliseum - A Gladiator's Story” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0fRqc_pChY This is a BBC production.
* “Gladiator games – The Roman blood sport” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItcakhIXwDc