The Vikings, the brave Norse warriors who arrived in their famous longboats to raid and pillage, remain a source of fascination. They have been the subject matter of many films, television series and films yet do we really know the full picture? How much of what we claim to know is fact? Do your research and find out. Then write your essay.
Familiarize yourself with the topic:
· “The Vikings” http://prezi.com/zvdynmuvhoc6/the-vikings/
· “Viking videos” http://www.history.com/topics/exploration/vikings-history/videos/who-were-the-vikings
Reading material to annotate:
· “Who were the Vikings?” http://jorvik-viking-centre.co.uk/who-were-the-vikings/ Make sure to go to the links listed on the left of the screen and make notes.
· “Who were the Vikings anyway?” http://archaeology.about.com/od/vikings/qt/vikings.htm
· “How the Vikings worked” http://history.howstuffworks.com/historical-figures/viking1.htm Make sure to read the whole text.
Videos to watch and make notes on:
· “Vikings: Who were the Vikings?” http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvetkr_vikings-who-were-the-vikings-ep-1-hd_shortfilms
Documentary series: “The blood of the Vikings” Episodes 1 through 5; watch and make notes
These are a few of the many documentaries on this sight so watch as many as you like